This music resource kit will help meet several different standards for students in grades 5-8. There are seven worksheets all together plus a final project and rubric. Students get to select their favorite contemporary Christian performer while learning about the following….
The first worksheet (there are 2 different versions) asks students to listen to a song by the performer and complete information about:
• the performer’s name
• title of song
• instruments used
• message in the song
• how the performer (besides in their music) reflect God’s love
• glue or tape a picture of the person or group onto worksheet
Other worksheets ask students to:
• Use the links provided to research music awards (including Grammy and GMA Dove Awards) and record sale information for their performer
• reflect on the message of the song and how it related to their faith beliefs
• describe ways that technology and the media arts are used to create, perform and listen to music
• think about how the music styles have changed and reflect upon what our musical choices say about the world today
• compare/contrast two different songs by the same person
• reflect specifically about the tempo of a song and decide whether or not the tempo fits with the message of the song
• describe why and how people use music and figure out other places where the song they selected might be heard.
In addition there is also a project (with grading criteria) for students to complete. A detailed rubric is also provided for easier grading of the project.