Do your students struggle to use context clues to identify the meaning of new and unknown words? This product gives your students a context clue of the week and each day they will engage in quick yet powerful tasks that will help them not only be able to accurately use context clues but they will also deepen their vocabulary.
Teachers can display the context clue of the week on a PowerPoint presentation, or print off the context clue word cards to display in their classroom. Students will engage with the context clue of the week in the following ways:
- Monday - Students will read the context clue of the week, predict what the word means and identify the type of context clue that helped them make their prediction.
- Tuesday - Students will reference a dictionary to identify the correct definition of the weekly word.
- Wednesday - Students dig deeper and consult a thesaursus to identify antonyms, synonyms, and the part of speech.
- Thursday - Students create an illustration to represent the weekly word.
- Friday - Students will create their own sentence or short paragraph using a new set of context clues to show they truly understand what the word means.
This product includes:
- 40 context clue cards
- Powerpoint presentation to display the words (includes black and white and color)
- Full page student recording sheet
- Half page student recording sheet and cover to turn into a word detective booklet
- Teacher Guide/Answer Key
- Context Clue Anchor Chart/Poster
How to use this product:
- This product works great as a warmup or part of your morning work routine.
- Send this home as part of studetns weekly homework packet.
- Place words in a vocabulary workstation
- Use as early finisher work
What are buyers saying about this product?
- "This is fantastic! I struggle with word work every year and this is a great addition for a vocabulary component."
- "This is exactly the type of activity I was looking for to use as a bellringer/daily HW type activity for my 4th grade ELA class. The price is unbeatable!"
Love Mrs. M's Style Products? Check these out!
- Click here to sign up to receive my newsletter. Get teaching ideas, product updates, and freebies, delivered right to your inbox.
- Click here to follow my store to be notified when new products are added.