Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Academic vocabulary is a big topic in education, as is the use of context clues. These digital games allows students to practice both context clues and academic vocabulary in one game! There are 150 different academic vocabulary words, taken from the 5-8th CCSS academic vocabulary lists, used in thePrice $5.50Original Price $8.00Save $2.50
- Is there any such thing as too many practice activities for context clues? This bundle includes all of my students' favorite digital games for practicing context clues:Context Clues JeopardyContranym Context Clues Board GameContext Clues Academic Vocabulary Connect Four (games A & B)Pirate VocabPrice $8.80Original Price $11.00Save $2.20
Academic vocabulary is a big topic in education, as is the use of context clues. These digital games allows students to practice both context clues and academic vocabulary in one game! There are 150 different academic vocabulary words, taken from the 5-8th CCSS academic vocabulary lists, used in the game.
See this game in action in the Context Clue Connect Four Demo video.
To play make a copy of the game for every two students. Share each copy, with editing rights, with the two students who will play the game. Students open the game and use the specially scripted Game Play menu item to "draw" a card. They then read the sentence on the card, use the context clues in the sentence to formulate and state a definition for the underlined term, click the answer button to check their answer, click the game board button to return to the game board, and (if correct) place one of their X's onto the playing board. The first player to get four X's in formation (line, column, diagonal, square) is the winner. The "draw a card" script is written so students will never see the same term twice in a single game.
This game features a specially added "Game Play" menu item that allows students to "draw" a card (randomly jumps them to another slide in the deck) and "roll" the dice (provides them a number between one and six). The first time you play this game, students will need to do some special things. They will only need to do these one time.
- Click on “Game Play” in the menu bar.
- In the Authorization Request box, click on “Continue.”
- Click on your account.
- Click on “Advanced.”
- Click on “Go to Past Continuous World History BCE Script.”
- Click “Allow.”
These directions are provided on the game board slide for easy reference.
These games practice all of the same academic vocabulary words as my 30 Weeks of Academic Vocabulary Bundle. The two products go perfectly together for extra practice and reinforcement of previously learned terms, as well as previews of coming words.
A paper version of this bundle is also available.
Read more about how I use this resource and teach academic vocabulary in these blog posts:
For more vocabulary practice: