This context clues resource contains everything you need to teach 4th and 5th grade students how to determine possible meanings of words using context clues.
Click here to check out my Reading Units Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade that includes this resource and TWELVE other resources.
*This context clues resource includes texts and activities for using context clues to define unknown words in FICTION and NONFICTION texts.*
- Anchor Charts/Teaching Posters
- Essential Questions
- Graphic Organizers and Interactive Templates
- Practice Texts Set 1 – Practice of Specific Types of Clues
- Practice Texts Set 2 – Shorter Texts (12)
- Practice Texts Set 3 – Longer Texts (6)
- Small-Group Activity: Sort
- Small-Group Activity: Task Cards Set 1
- Small-Group Activity: Task Cards Set 2
***This resource focuses on defining words only. For a resource on phrases (specifically similes, metaphors, personification and hyperbole,) click here.
Click here to see Context Clues Flipbook.
Click here to see my Context Clues Reading Spinner Centers.
Click here to see my Context Clues Puzzles with Fiction Stories.
Click here to see my Context Clues Puzzles with Nonfiction Texts.
Click here to see Context Clues Reading Games.
More Reading Resources and Activities:
Paired Passage Resources
Reading Centers Bundle
Reading Constructed Response
Reading Anchor Charts
Reading Interactive Notebook (with TEXTS)
Reading Choice Boards
Reading Test Prep Bundle
Reading Review Flipbooks: Fiction and Informational