Also included in
- Do you teach 4th or 5th grade reading? This reading resource will be a lifesaver! It includes everything you need to supplement your reading instruction for the included reading skills (see below for the skills included).IMPORTANT - I’m adding new activities to some of the skills this week. As I add$70.00$119.00Save $49.00
This context clues resource contains everything you need to teach 4th and 5th grade students how to determine possible meanings of words using context clues.
NOTE: This resource now has Google Slides™ versions, making it ideal for digital distance learning and remote teaching! Please see the 3rd page of the PDF for details and the links.
*This context clues resource includes texts and activities for using context clues to define unknown words in FICTION and NONFICTION texts.*
- Anchor Charts/Teaching Posters **Also in Google Slides**
- Essential Questions **Also in Google Slides**
- Checklists/Rubrics **Also in Google Slides**
- Graphic Organizers and Interactive Templates **Also in Google Slides**
- Practice Texts Set 1 – Practice of Specific Types of Clues **Also in Google Slides**
- Practice Texts Set 2 – Shorter Texts (12) **Also in Google Slides**
- Practice Texts Set 3 – Longer Texts (6) **Also in Google Slides**
- Small-Group Activity: Sort **Also in Google Slides**
- Small-Group Activity: Task Cards Set 1 **Also in Google Slides**
- Small-Group Activity: Task Cards Set 2 **Also in Google Slides**
All of the context clues activities in this resource are also included in a digital version to be used with Google Slides.
Practice Texts Set 2 and Task Cards Set 2 have TWO versions. One with text boxes for typing the answers and one with moveable choices. Use one or the other or mix and match and use them both!
See page 3 of the PDF for the links to copy the digital context clues activities to your drive.
Check out the video preview to see what the digital context clues activities are like.
See the preview for more information.
More Reading Resources and Activities: