This packet covers the four common types of context clues: Definition, Synonym, Antonym, and Inference. This information is arranged so that the acronym SAID is formed! Kiddos will be able to easily remember this "fun" way of looking for context clues!
The flipcharts are divided in the following way:
1: Covers Synonym and Antonym clues
2: Covers Definition clues
3. Covers Inference clues
Each flipchart contains the following slides:
* Title page
* "What are Context Clues?" discussion page
* SAID acronym with the focus pointed out
* Explanation of the type of clue with example
* Example page for discussion
* "Use you clues" slides (3-4 slides with a covered word sentence to practice. There is a box to list the suggestions on the slide.)
* "Wrap it up" slide showing the SAID acronym again to discuss what was covered for the day.
These flipcharts are very handy to have and can be used to address and supplement several common core standards for several grade levels.
***Please make sure you have the correct software before downloading this product! This packet was created using the ActivInspire software for the Promethean board.***
Thanks for looking!