1. Project one of the paragraphs or give a copy to each student.
2. Model how to read the paragraph, write what the underlined word means, and find and record clues from the paragraph that helped you figure out what the word means.
3. Project a different paragraph on the board, or give each student a copy of the paragraph and let them fill one out independently.
1. Copy one of the paragraphs and the magnifying glass paper back to back.
2. Students read the paragraph, write what the underlined word means, and write clues that helped them figure out the meaning of the word.
If you have another use for it, great. Oh by the way, if you can’t figure out the answers, they are the beach, soccer, and strawberries.