PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Context Clues Reading Passages and Anchor Charts product offers print and go, common core aligned, context clues activities for 4th-6th grade and includes four instructional pages to help students search for context clues in text, 3 different full page reading passages (one narrative fiction, one diary entry, and one newspaper article) with four pages of printable worksheets for each passage (all written specifically to help students learn how to use context clues to extract meaning). ALL sheets do have a corresponding answer key as well.
Note: These context clues activities are meant to accompany dictionaries at the teacher's discretion so that students can check the accuracy of their work.
These vocabulary words are used to teach context clues in this product: proceeded, hesitantly, odor, revolting, putrid, intensifying, singe, desperate, rapped, trepidation, defeated, clutched, urgency, retorted, investigate, nonsensical, impact, residual, outcome, unfamiliar, ordinary, instructed, intuitively, sensation, accumulation, intimidated, chortled, ludicrous, feverishly, withdrew, residents, astonished, descend, ejected, unfortunate, eyewitnesses, inflicted, debris, dilapidated, stabilized, assessed, precise, acclaimed, renowned, apprised
If you teach in a multi-level classroom, have students with a very wide range of needs, or are meeting the needs of students with varying language abilities or students acquiring English, the MULTI-LEVEL MEGA BUNDLE for Context Clues might be right for you. You can check it out here:
Searching for context clues activities geared for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 2nd-4th grade):
The following context clues products have been created for 3rd-5th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 3rd-5th grade):
The following context clues products have been created for 4th-6th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 4th-6th grade):
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.