Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$24.00$36.00Save $12.00
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$114.00$226.00Save $112.00
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or for math. Your students will love completing these reading puzzles during small group reading or reading centers!
Note: This activity for context clues now includes DIGITAL reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links.
This reading center resource includes 20 context clues puzzles to practice defining words in context in fiction stories.
There are 10 mini-stories used in this set. Each story is used twice, but with a different word that the student must define.
Three different direction versions are included to help you best use these reading puzzles with your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text and find the puzzle piece that matches the meaning of the word that is bolded and underlined from the text.
Version 2: The students will read the texts, write the meanings of the bolded and underlined words in their own words, and then find the puzzle pieces that match.
Version 3: This version is identical to Version 2, except optional distractor puzzle pieces are included.
Directions for the different versions and recording sheets can be found following the puzzle pieces.
For the digital context clues activity, the students will read three stories per slide. They will use context clues to determine and choose the best meaning of the underlined word.
To make this context clues activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
There are TWO versions:
•Version 1 – 6 choices per slide
•Version 2- Scaffolded – 4 choices per slide
This digital activity has been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital context clues puzzles.
- Click here to see my Nonfiction Context Clues Spinners.
- Click here to see my Context Clues Resource that includes passages, task cards, posters, and more!
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks