Also included in
- This bundle currently contains the following:• Context Clues Scavenger HuntIncludes lists of context clues types, definition cards(My best seller having sold more than 3,000times)• Context Clues Scavenger Hunt Set II with bonus foldables Includes lists of context clues types, definition cards• Conte$11.00$15.50Save $4.50
- This bundle offers your students the chance to practice important reading skills with the added benefit of movement. There is evidence that when students learn while moving they are better focused and better able to retain what they learn. Regularly scheduled movement should be a part of every day.O$29.00$42.50Save $13.50
This product is ready for distance learning. Check out the TpT Digital Activity button. I have already created a student-friendly digital activity with directions and answer boxes that can be used through Google Classroom.
Help your students build their vocabulary and give them a chance to move around the classroom at the same time! This scavenger hunt practices the important skill of using context to determine word meaning. Additional resources included are posters and definition cards for the various types of context clues. Both color and b/w versions are included.
JUST ADDED: Free BOOM Card Deck Bonus!
Students can gain proficiency in using context clues to discover word meaning. This 8-card deck asks students to read a sentence and use context clues to find the meaning of a more advanced word. Students choose the best meaning from the four choices given. A clue at the bottom of each page explains the thinking needed to use the context clues. Not available elsewhere on TpT.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Readhere for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• types of context clues poster (color and b/w)
• types of context clues definition cards (2 sizes + color and b/w)
• student work pages (2 versions)
• 20 colorful sentence cards with picture clues
- 20 colorful sentence cards without picture clues Differentiate as needed!
• 20 black and white sentence cards
• vocabulary list
• crossword puzzle (2 versions for differentiation)
• answer keys
How to Use This Product
This scavenger hunt can also be used to determine the type of context clue found. An additional activity sheet has been added for this purpose.
1. Print the Context Clues Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock then cut them apart.
2. Choose the activity you wish students to complete and make copies of the worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place Context Clues Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
5. Students should answer in complete sentences., that explain their thinking.
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
Other Context Clues Products
Context Clues Scavenger Hunt Set II This product contains 20 words and 2 different context clues foldables.
Context Clues Scavenger Hunt Set III This product contains a Context Clues Crossword Puzzle challenge.
Halloween Context Clues Scavenger Hunt These 16 eerie words do not have to be used for Halloween.
A freebie on using context clues
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥