This unit will get your young students writing and presenting like upper-elementary children. Students will read informational text, take notes, write, and present information. Students will love learning about continents through research and note taking. They will beg to complete their travel log after they "visit" each continent. They will feel confident presenting their learning to the class at the end of the unit. This unit is common core aligned, engaging, and unique. Daily lesson plans, filled with examples, will walk you through the process of scaffolding research for young students.
During this unit students will:
- Listen as the teacher reads aloud teacher text about continents (text provided)
- Learn to take notes using key words about continents with a teacher model (text and key word note sheet provided)
- Read text about continents with partners and in groups of 3 (printable student books are provided)
- Take notes using key words with partners and in groups of 3 using student text (scaffolding lessons plans to instruct students from teacher modeling to independent practice are provided)
- Use their key word notes to make a poster in groups about specific continents (poster criteria checklist provided)
- Present posters to class (poster presenting checklist provided)
- Complete a travel log throughout the unit
Included in packet:
Detailed Lesson Plans
Text About Each Continent
Note Taking Graphic Organizers
Continent Travel Booklet with stickers
To learn more about how we get our students to take notes without copying Click Here
Visit our blog here to find out more about Teaching About Continents
We would love to hear from you! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase!
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
@thecorecoaches on Instagram
@Core_Coaches on Twitter
The Core Coaches on Facebook
The Core Coaches on Pinterest
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our blog!
The Core Coaches Blog