Continents, Oceans, & Map Skills UNIT- Reading Passages, Lapbook, PowerPt, Test!
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle features two print-and-go teacher favorites used in tandem- a Continents & Oceans, Map Skills unit and a Types of Maps unit! These units will enhance your students' map-reading skills, map fluency, and knowledge about the Continents & Oceans. The student workbooks and PowerPoinPrice $14.50Original Price $16.55Save $2.05
- The Social Studies, Year-Long Bundle provides a complete curriculum for upper-elementary classrooms with a focus on literacy development. 21st Century skills are emphasized with annotation and reading skills development, interactive hands-on activities, research, and more. Student workbooks includePrice $79.95Original Price $104.50Save $24.55
- *This is a GROWING Bundle*. Teach Mesopotamia, Ancient China, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, and Mesoamerica without stress, and without a textbook! This bundle provides full units with informational reading workbooks, interactive activities, lesson plans, and more. A Continents & Oceans unitPrice $45.00Original Price $54.50Save $9.50
Teach the seven continents and five oceans with this 3-4 week, no-prep, full unit on the Continents & Oceans with a side of Map Skills! You will be provided with lesson plans, a student workbook and accompanying interactive notebook (activity lapbook), a PowerPoint for teacher-guided instruction, and an end-of-unit assessment. The student workbook and PowerPoint are also Google 1:1 compatible. Reading and literacy skill building activities are built-in to the student workbook (You can also buy the as a stand-alone resource by CLICKING HERE).
This unit is easy to implement with independent learners and, therefore, can be used in hybrid classrooms, with at-home learners, or fully in-person classes. This unit is also great to use with a 'TYPES OF MAPS' unit (OR... bundle them together and save $$. !).
- A Student Workbook
- Vocabulary List
- Five Lessons: , , , ,
- Reading Passages with Guided Notes
- Reading Skills activities
- Study Guide
- Google 1:1 Compatible
- An Interactive Notebook / Activity Lapbook
- Completely aligned to the Student Workbook
- 5 interactive activities
- Can be used by students independently
- 8 Writing Prompts on a Choice Board
- Vocabulary Flashcards
- Provides a digital form of the Student Workbook
- Great for teacher-directed read alouds and whole-class instruction
- Unit content is not editable, but you can add or delete slides
- Google Slides Presentation also included
- Teacher Guide
- Lesson plans with Student Learning Objectives and Essential Questions
- Answer Keys for all resources
- Unit preparation checklist
- State Standards: Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
- Link to Google compatible Student Workbook
- Editable Word document
- 5 fill-in-the-blank questions with a word bank
- 5 multiple choice questions
- 2 short response questions
MESOAMERICA: MAYA, AZTEC, and INCA CIVILIZATIONS
Like this activity? "Tony the Tourist" is part of a growing series that offers a fun and interactive way to teach social studies to upper elementary and middle school students. , and you will be the first to know about new resources, freebies, and where Tony is going next!
Reviews are helpful! Go to "My Purchases" in your account, find this resource, and select the option to leave feedback. In return, you will receive "TpT Bucks" to use towards future purchases... it's a win-win!