Also included in
- Do you struggle with social skills groups? Is coming up with materials and goals difficult for you? I designed these social skills materials to get your social skills students started and keep them going strong all year!This starter pack bundle contains everything the SLP needs for social skills the$37.60$47.00Save $9.40
- ALL the materials that you need to implement March, April, and May Lesson plans (Year 1 only).30% off of individual purchases. This bundle includes many of my BEST SELLING products plus BONUS materials!⭐️ Note: "Build a Sentence" is also found in the other seasons' lesson plans. TPT does not allow fo$76.13$109.75Save $33.62
Do your students need help having a conversation that is more than one turn, stays on topic, and includes comments and questions? Then these are the perfect set of lessons for you!
“Continuing the Conversation Like a Pro” uses a sports team approach of working together to win the game. The lessons are set up to build upon each other. The team practices until they are ready for the big game. What is special about this game, however, is that everyone wins when the team works together.
It is important for students to understand that there are both comments and questions in most conversations and that everyone must contribute. Conversations work best when everyone has approximately the same number of turns. There is no one winner. Everyone can win at this game!
- Question Practice (Soccer): Learn to identify questions.
- Question Practice Game (Soccer): Ask and answer questions about a given topic.
- Comment Practice (Basketball): Learn to identify comments.
- Comment Practice Game (Basketball): Make on-topic comments about a given topic.
- Comment/Question Identification: Identify and sort comments and questions.
- Comment/Question Practice: Ask and answer small numbers of questions as well as make small numbers of comments about a given topic.
- The Everybody Wins Tournament: Ask and answer multiple questions as well as make multiple comments about a given topic. The entire team wins when all of the balls have been played.
❤️ "Absolutely love that this provides students with a visual representation of back and forth conversation!"
❤️ "I love this product for my social skills groups- I like that it systematically approaches the use of both comments and questions in conversations."
❤️ "This is such a great tool for teaching conversational turn-taking!"
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Hi! I'm Cheri, SLP and doctoral student. I'm an Ivy League graduate and creator of one of the first and longest-running speech therapy blogs in the world, Super Power Speech. Since graduating with my master's degree in 2000, I have worked in schools, clinics, hospitals, and private practice. I am a national presenter and have taught students around the world in my online courses. In my free time, you can find me playing soccer with my two teens or reading three books at the same time (in front of the fire, while crocheting).
⭐️⭐️ SUBSCRIBE HERE for access to my library of free speech materials.⭐️⭐️