An interactive way to teach your students about contractions. Learning about contractions with the idea of surgery will cement the idea into your student's minds. They won't forget this activity!
- Detailed step by step lesson plans
- Contraction Doctor Booklets (Each book has 18 pages)
- Sample table set up pictures
- Anchor Chart Design
- Differentiated contraction pages
- Additional Contraction Activities
- Contraction Games
- Contraction Worksheets
- Color Pages included
- Black and White Versions of the Booklets
- Over 100 pages (includes Black & White Copies)
You build up the excitement throughout the day, you will have a mini lesson on contractions and how a hospital and surgery works. Then the students get to finally be word surgeons and make new word and add the apostrophe.
Ask a local doctor or hospital to donate a class set of gloves and masks to really get the students excited. The students love the gloves and the masks. They will ask if they can take them home. The students become hyper-focused on their job as a surgeon and it engages the whole class.
There are additional games and activities that can be used before or on other days.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey