The tastiest and most appetizing set of cupcakes for teaching and reviewing contractions with students of different grades.
Includes contractions with: be, have, had/would, will, not and 4 others (54 pairs in total).
These sweetest cupcakes will make your grammar lessons more engaging and exciting for students and, as a result, more effective. «Delicious treats» will improve spelling of personal pronouns and auxiliary verbs, their full and contraction forms. And a skillful presentation of material by the teacher will make learners masters in using them in speech.
- represent, drill and review the target grammar;
- use as a brilliant decoration for your classroom walls + a fantastic visual aid as a BONUS;
- make a lapbook or an interactive notebook in the classroom, cutting out and pasting cupcakes into students’ copybooks;
- play flashcard games with your students to make them learn the contractions easily in a fun and engaging way.
- Matching. Shuffle the toppings and put them on the floor (or table), let students choose the same number of cakes without looking at them beforehand. Then set the time limit and have them find all necessary toppings. Variation: deal the toppings between the students and ask them to find the matching cakes.
- Hunting. Hide the cakes around the classroom or outside at the playground, or just stick them on the walls. Give out the toppings, make children find and bring the correct cakes. You may have a race too. The first team to pick up all their cupcakes is the winner;
- Who’s first? (great for playing in teams or in pairs). The teacher shows the cakes one by one. The team to name the topping first gets a cupcake or a point. The team with the most points is the winner.
Read more games in the PREVIEW file
► Print on cardstock and laminate for a durable use.