Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. This Working Words packet is aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about contractions. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of contractions with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. Two original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Chore Day!" to introduce and practice contractions
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for small groups
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. Two fun activities for enrichment
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila