Are you looking for a way for students to practice pairing words to make contractions? These cut-out heart contractions can be used to reinforce or review this concept in pairs, small group or in centers.
The hearts were created in two formats:
1. Word connected to contraction
2. Word shortened into contraction
There are 88 total contraction hearts. The hearts include 45 different common contractions. There is a blank student answer sheet provided for both versions.
Here’s how it works:
Read the product to better understand the layout first. Next, choose the pages you want to use. Note that there are sets within this resource, for example, page 7 and 8 go together since they are using the same words to show the contractions in different versions. You might want to use the same crayons for coloring for both pages so that they stand out to the kids. The hearts would need to be colored then laminate the pages. Cut out the hearts and place them in plastic bags as sets. So the 8 sets would be pages 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, 17/18, 19/20, 21/22. You would need 8 different crayons to color the pages. Simply color them with crayons or have students do it for you. The last two pages are writing pages for the students to put the contraction answers on.
This product includes:
•88 total contraction hearts with 45 different common contractions
•2 blank student answer sheets provided for both versions
If you like this resource, please visit my TPT store at Education Turnpike. I have many additional Advent style resources to choose from.
Thank you for looking at this resource. Please click on the green star to follow me to receive updates and new product alerts. Visit me on Instagram to see my life as a teacher at Education Turnpike.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to My Purchases page to earn credit. Next to each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click on it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value and appreciate your feedback.
Education Turnpike Store Reminders:
• This product is NOT editable.
• This product uses standard U.S. spelling
• Custom alterations are based on current workload and other factors involved in being able to customize an item.
• Please take a minute to read the product descriptions and to view the thumbnails and previews that are provided for this product. If you have any questions or comments, leave a message in my Q&A and be sure to check the box for “Email me when the seller responds” so that you will know that I’ve replied.
• All products are for personal or for use in a single classroom only. If you’re interested in sharing with your team or co-op, please buy license to share at a discount of half off the original product price.