This resource includes:
- One blank contractions chart
- One contractions chart partially filled in (Great for my students that easily get overwhelmed, need more support, ESL learners etc.)
CONTRACTIONS in CHART include common contractions with NOT, WILL, IS, ARE, HAVE, & WOULD.
There are so many ways to use this resource:
- Use this as a part of a literacy station. Students can write the contractions after completing a matching or sorting activity.
- Use as guided practice. After learning a set of contractions, students fill in the table that corresponds with today’s lesson. For example, “contractions with WOULD.”
- Use as an assessment tool. Students fill in the chart showing their mastery of contractions.
- Use as a class poster. Print on A3 paper and have students fill it out or complete it as a class during a whole group lesson.