Contractions worksheet activities in a fun cut and paste format that are great practice for contractions! Students read the sentences and cut & paste to match the contraction to the words it represents. These help illustrate to students how a contraction means the same as the words it represents in a sentence and also allows students to check their answers by reading the sentence they made to make sure it still makes sense.
There are TWELVE cut and paste worksheets included:
- 'll contractions (ex: she will = she'll)
- 'd contractions (ex: they would = they'd)
- 's contractions (ex: he is = he's)
- n't contractions (ex: do not = don't)
- 've contractions (ex: you have = you've)
- 're & 's contractions (ex: we are = we're & it is = it's)
- FIVE worksheets where it is a mix of all the contraction types
This gives your students so much practice all while having fun! I love how cut and pastes make the activity engaging and their perceived permanence of the glue makes them think about whether or not their answer makes sense.