121 interactive SMART Board pages in this SMART Notebook resource! Introduce, practice or review contractions with your SMART Board! Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready! What a fun way for your students to learn about contractions. My students love it and so will yours!
121 pages of SMART Board Activities to support your reading, phonics, and spelling instruction!
This unit includes two documents:
• Contractions Part 1: Introduction to contractions; identifying contractions, reading contractions, and writing contractions.
• Contractions Part 2: Contractions instruction grouped by type of contraction—“Not,” “Is,” “Will,” “Have,” “Has,” “Had,” “Would,” “Am,” and “Are” contractions.
• 7 SMART Board pages introducing contractions.
• 4 SMART Board pages on identifying contractions.
• 19 SMART Board pages on reading contractions.
• 17 SMART Board pages on writing contractions.
• 10 SMART Board pages on “Not” contractions.
• 11 SMART Board pages on “Is” contractions.
• 10 SMART Board pages on “Will” contractions.
• 11 SMART Board pages on “Have” and “Has” contractions.
• 12 SMART Board pages on “Had” and “Would” contractions.
• 10 SMART Board pages on “Are” and “Am” contractions.
• 10 Title pages with quick links to skill practice.
Within this unit students will learn about the contractions in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge while writing and reading new words.
This unit supports a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. A variety of activities are available for student practice…just choose based on your specific students’ needs.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
121 pages in all!
Please note: This file is a zip file made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.