Teaching Ancient Egypt
? Want a fun
resource on the Ancient Egyptians
to teach the vocabulary of the unit?
Allow students to examine the greatest contributions
of the Egyptian civilization
with this Mural Drawing Activity.
Suggested teaching options
are included allowing you to choose how students will collaborate in small groups, research for contribution definition, context in the Ancient Egyptian Civilization, and illustrations to use as a model for a mural cumulative project.
Papyrus & Inks
Shadoof & Irrigation
Stone Building Blocks & Great Pyramids
Hieroglyphics (Symbolic system of writing)
Cosmetics & Hair Adornments
Number System (Use of Zero, Decimals, and Negative Numbers)
Surgery & Medical Tools
Literature & Historic Writing
Calendar with days, months, day, and night
Ship Sails for Trade & Travel
Mummification & Body Preservation
Bowling & Board Games
Toothpaste & Dental Hygiene
Pottery & Glass Artwork (polished stone, paint)
Practice the following Social Studies skills:
Also included is the Ancient Egypt Contributions graphic organizer
for students to collect the information and wrap up questions for assessment.
Answer key is not
provided since individual answers will vary, but a group grading rubric is included.
See complete resource in the PREVIEW!
This resource will work very well in a Ancient History Unit on the Ancient Egyptians
. It is also available as part of my Ancient Egypt Unit
in my TpT Store!
Take a look at the many resources included in my Ancient Egypt Complete Unit:
• Mapping the Lands of Ancient Egypt Activity
• Settlement of Ancient Egyptian Civilizations Archeology Dig
• Egyptian Daily Life Centers Activity with Optional Task Cards
• Riverboat Tour of Ancient Egyptian Monuments & Pharaohs
• Ancient Egypt Civilization Notes on Powerpoint
• Examining the Egyptian Pharaohs Meet & Greet Research Activity
• Ancient Egypt Timeline Activity
• Contributions of the Ancient Egyptians Mural Drawing Activity
• Ancient Egypt Building A Pyramid Group Activity
• Ancient Egypt Unit Plan w/ Bellringers, Exit Prompts, and Homework suggestions
• Egyptian Daily Life Open Response Prompt
• King Tut Bio Reading
• Contributions of Ancient Egyptians Open Response Writing Prompt
• Unit Study Guide
• Unit Test w/Answer Key
And be sure to shop my TpT Store for other great resources for Geography, U.S. History, World History, Classroom Management, Classroom Decor, and more!