PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.94 MB | 7 pages
1. Technology- the use of science to solve problems in life.
2. Flood- over flow of water onto dry land.
3. Dam- structure built across a river to control its flow.
4. Levee- a raised bank of earth built along the edges of a river to prevent flooding.
5. Storm drain management- the use of drains to prevent flooding during heavy rainstorms.
6. Beach nourishment- the process of adding sand to an eroded beach to rebuild it.
7. Contour plowing-a method of reducing erosion in which farmers plow across the sides of hills.
8. Terracing- a method of reducing erosion in which farmers plant crops on flat terraces cut into hillsides.