Teach students about Variations in Standard English, Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Elements, Varying Sentence Patterns, and Consistent Style and Tone with a COMPLETE Common Core-aligned lesson, Journal Writing, SIX Practice Worksheets, and a comprehensive INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK Assignment:
• 3 FULL COLOR Content Posters~print, laminate, and hang
• COMPLETE Language Lesson with highlighted Text Features~Ancient History themed!
• Core Practice 1 – Recognize Variations from Standard English in Writing and Speaking
• Core Practice 2 – Use Strategies to improve Expression in Conventional Language
• Core Practice 3 – Use Punctuation (commas, parentheses, dashes) to set off Nonrestrictive Elements
• Core Practice 4 – Use Punctuation (commas, parentheses, dashes) to set off Nonrestrictive Elements
• Core Practice 5 – Vary Sentence Patterns for meaning, reader/listener interest, and style + Sentence Writing
• Core Practice 6 – Vary Sentence Patterns for meaning, reader/listener interest, and style + Sentence Writing
• Close Journal Activity featuring Main Ideas and Details (6.RI.1, 6.RI.4, 6.RI.10)
Students will then use the lesson content to complete an Interactive Notebook Assignment~Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Organizer (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!)
Standard English, aligned with the 6th Grade Common Core LANGUAGE Standards (CC.6.L.2a, CC.6.L.a), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT + FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've included black and white versions of the lesson and activities to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, Grading Rubrics, and THREE FULL COLOR Standard English Posters~ready to be printed out, laminated, and used in your classroom.
Download the Preview to see complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
MORE STANDARD ENGLISH AND CONVENTIONS RESOURCES:
STANDARD ENGLISH – 4TH GRADE
STANDARD ENGLISH – 5TH GRADE
OUR OTHER 6TH GRADE LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT + FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
6TH GRADE DAILY PRACTICE & ASSESSMENTS + FULL COLOR "I CAN" POSTERS
6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
6TH GRADE LANGUAGE LESSONS (INCLUDED IN THE UNIT AND BUNDLE):
PRONOUNS AND ANTECEDENTS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
CONTEXT CLUES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
REFERENCE TOOLS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
SIMILES, METAPHORS, PERSONIFICATION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
ANALOGIES, DENOTATIONS, CONNOTATIONS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING STANDARD ENGLISH EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2016-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.