Also included in
- Have you ever struggled to create pragmatic language activities for a speech therapy, social skills, or Autism group? Many of us have developed our social communication abilities without much thought, which can make breaking down these complicated skills into easy to understand steps, challenging. W$83.58$119.40Save $35.82
- Many of us have developed our social language abilities without much thought, which can make breaking down these complicated skills into easy to understand steps quite challenging. The activities in this bundle use a methodical approach to teach and evaluate common areas of social language deficits,$19.60$28.00Save $8.40
- Have you ever wondered where to begin teaching a pragmatic language skill? Or once you started, did you wonder how to teach that skill strategically? With this social communication bundle you won't feel like that any more! This bundle of social skills activities strategically guides you through the$30.98$44.25Save $13.27
Knowing where to start when teaching conversation skills can be confusing. It is an important topic and needs to be taught intentionally. This social activity helps students learn the fundamentals of conversation skills by strategically breaking down this complex social skill into manageable step by step instructions, so that you can leave your session feeling confident and productive.
This Resource Includes:
- Vocabulary Introduction Lesson: This lesson suggestion walks you through teaching the necessary vocabulary to teach before learning conversation skills.
- How To Have A Conversation Visual Checklist: These visual symbols to help students remember the steps to having a successful conversation.
- Teaching Worksheets: The worksheets explains the 7 basic steps of having a conversation: smiling/looking, taking turns, staying on topic, finding common interests, asking questions, adding comments, ending the conversation politely. There are three story options: a version with no clip art for students to draw their own pictures, a version with color clip art, and a version with B/W clip art.
- Check For Understanding Quiz: This quiz lets you know that your students were able to comprehend the story.
- Practice Asking Questions: This worksheet gives students pretend scenarios and prompts for them to practice asking questions.
- Practice Finding Common Interests: This worksheet helps students identify their interests and walks them through the process of finding common interests with others.
- Practice Making Comments: This worksheet gives students the opportunity to practice making comments when given pretend scenarios.
- Ending the Conversation: This worksheet gives students the opportunity to discuss appropriate ways to end a conversation when given pretend scenarios.
- 18 conversation starter cards (plus a blank page: Use these prompts to practice the conversation skills your students learned from the story and activities!
- Download the preview to see what it looks like!
This resource is also aligned with Common Core and TEKS.
If you liked this activity you might also like the following items from my store:
- Nonverbal Communication Teaching Guide
- Perspective Taking and Nonverbal Communication Reading Passages
- How to Teach Empathy and Complex Emotions
- Speech Therapy Stuttering Activity Packet
I would love it if you would take a second and follow my store! All new resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours, so you can save money by following me!
Thank you so much,
Jessica, The Gift of Gab