Conversation Skills Functional Communication Friends and Family BOOM CARDS™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This BOOM CARDS™ BUNDLE gives your students tons of practice with functional communication in various setting. The activities target the social language and life skill of continuing conversations with others. The REAL photos, RELATABLE situations, and VISUALS provide engagement and support to speechPrice $10.00Original Price $12.00Save $2.00
This BOOM CARDS™ deck gives your students tons of practice with functional communication. The activity targets the social language and life skill of continuing conversations with friends and family members. Its REAL photos, RELATABLE situations, and VISUALS provide engagement and support to speech therapy students of multiple levels.
The digital activity presents real-life scenarios and conversations with friends and relatives. It helps students determine how to respond to others using words, phrases, or short sentences such as "Thank you", "Great", and "Yes please".
On each of the 35 cards, you'll find:
✅ A PHOTOGRAPH of a friend or family member (such as a grandparents, cousin, or friend)
✅ A short EXPLANATION of the scenario and what the person in the photo is saying
✅ 4 choices of RESPONSES, each with text and a symbolic image (for students that benefit from the reading support)
This versatile Boom Card deck makes an appropriate social language activity for many different ages and skill levels. The first card of the deck provides 4 ways that you can modify the activity to meet the needs of your students:
- Cover the answer choices to increase the difficulty. (In teletherapy, this can be done when screen-sharing in a variety of ways depending on the platform, including covering the response choices with another window or sliding the shared window down on the desktop screen.)
- Students can role-play a more in-depth version of the conversation, encouraging them to think of what could be said before or after the exchange.
- Students can identify other responses that could be appropriate under various circumstances.
- Students can tell how some answers could make the other person feel, in order to work on perspective-taking and making inferences.
CLICK HERE TO PLAY A FREE PREVIEW of this functional activity! The Boom Card deck could be used for individual students, small groups, whole classes, or a homework assignment.
⭐BUNDLE & SAVE on more functional communication activities⭐
SLPs and teachers like you are saying....
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer S. says, "Another great resource to work on conversational skills!! Love that there are visuals for my older students who need a little and the fact that you can hide them to make it more challenging for those students who are ready for that!"
New to Boom Cards?
Check out this BLOG POST and this FREE VIDEO to learn more.
Plus, learn how to PRINT these BOOM CARD decks!
ABOUT BOOM CARDS
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading). You will not be charged when your free trial expires.
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.