This resource includes Conversation Starters Role Play Cards to be used in ESL classes. These cards include picture prompts about incidents or problems. I love using conversation starters to encourage ELL adult learners to speak.They are usually fun and interactive - my students react well to these types of activities. Even the shy ones!
Here is what is included in this pack, speaking cards for:
- 12 COLOUR Prompt Cards for describing an incident in a picture.
- 12 BLACK AND WHITE Prompt Cards for describing an incident in a picture.
- Language in focus: using there is/are.
- Spoken English Language Assessment Rubric
- Conversation Role Play Response Cards (for student pair activities)
Students can play a game where they describe their picture to their partner and the partner will try to 'imagine' this in their minds / and then draw the picture they understand. It is a fun practice scenario which helps engage the students and create some humour at the same time! :)
The cards have A and B role plays and they rotate.
Super ESL Resources