Learn and practice the conversation skills to early job networking with acquaintances, friends, teacher's, and even strangers by using the 8 step conversation etiquette tool that teaches how to naturally ask others for career information, job opportunities, and a job reference. Excellent resource for teens and adults on the Autism spectrum.
Product includes visually appealing handouts, examples worksheets, and task cards that prompt the practice and role plays of the 8 successful steps towards job networking.
1. Planning Ahead: (Identify Who, Network Goal, Cover Stories)
2. Saying Hello and Asking Others How They Are
3. Sharing Something About Yourself Related to The "Cover Story"
4. Asking About Them Related to The "Cover Story"
5. Sharing Gratitude and Asking for Advice
6. Asking for Their Contact Information (Alternatives included)
7. Offering Your Contact Information
8. Saying Goodbye Using A "Cover Story"
Strategies adapted from the evidenced based UCLA PEERS® program. http://www.semel.ucla.edu/peers/young-adults