Navigating daily conversations and producing contextual-appropriate responses can be challenging for individuals on the autism spectrum. Our task card set has been designed as a starting point to help students recognize situational cues to participate in conversational dialogue. Included in the set are 50 color task cards that depict a variety of individual moods and conversational exchanges that students will need to infer from to produce contextual-appropriate replies. Ideal for teenagers and adults who are experiencing difficulty in picking up on situational cues to engage in day-to-day conversations. Perfect for group discussion or one-on-one work!
Goals that can be targeted using this set include:
When shown a set of picture cards depicting an emotion or conversational exchange and asked “What are they saying?” the client/student will produce a contextual appropriate reply from a choice of three replies with 80% accuracy on 4:5 trials as measured by clinician data.
The set includes:
- 50 multiple choice task cards assessing students' inferencing and conversational skills
- Recording Sheet with Answer Key
- Directions of use and assembly
Additional activities that may interest you include:
-Personal Hygiene Task Cards & Assessment
-Yes/No Task Cards & Assessment
Be the first to hear about freebies, sales and new products!
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive email updates from the Autism Educational Resources store!
Receive TPT credit to use on future purchases!
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!