This activity helps students to practice converting from logarithmic to exponential form and exponential to logarithmic form. This activity includes 19 problems that use actual values, natural log, e, and variables. Self checking activity!!!
Instructions to use this chain activity: This activity can be used individually or in small groups.
- Print and cut out each piece of the chain. I would recommend laminating them for long term use!
- Shuffle them up and give to students.
- Students will start with the piece that says "Start" on the small end. Then complete the problem on that card. Once students have correctly converted the logarithm or exponential functions, they must find the answer on the small end of another card.
- Students should line them up, problem connecting with the answer, and continue to answer and connect the problems until they get to the card that says "END!".
- Students will know if they did it correctly if there are no more cards left. A teacher can come and verify that they correctly converted each problem.