Cookie Mining Natural Resource Activity MS-ESS3-1
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle focuses on rocks and minerals including types of rocks and how they change from one type to another. The bundle starts with a presentation and guided notes to learn what minerals are and the 3 types of rocks and how they change from one form to another in the rock cycle. The bundle conPrice $19.80Original Price $22.00Save $2.20
- This bundle contain a variety of interactive activities to learn all about the forces that work to build up and break down Earth’s surface creating landforms. This covers both fast and slow changes and constructive and destructive forces. Below are the major topics covered in the bundle. Topics CovPrice $94.15Original Price $134.50Save $40.35
- Feeling overwhelmed trying to plan and teach an ENGAGING year of Earth Science?This year long Earth science curriculum includes everything you need! This bundle will save you so much time! Includes a variety of resources to build collaboration and critical thinking with high interest activitiesPrice $181.30Original Price $259.00Save $77.70
- This bundle focuses on natural resources and how their use affects Earth. Students start by learning the difference between nonrenewable and renewable resources and examples of each. Then students model the mining process by mining for chocolate chips and seeing how extracting resources affects thPrice $13.80Original Price $17.25Save $3.45
- Teaching is hard! Make things easier with this bundle that has everything you need for the full year. This year long bundle includes everything you need to teach a middle school level course that meets the NGSS 8th Grade integrated standards for California. This bundle contains a variety of engagiPrice $175.00Original Price $233.75Save $58.75
This NGSS aligned activity uses chocolate chip cookies to model the effect of mining on the environment. Great to show human impact! The activity requires little prep work and it is a lot of fun! This is a perfect addition to your natural resources unit. My students go wild for cookies and it really makes an impact.
MS-ESS3-1.Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for how the uneven distributions of Earth's mineral, energy, and groundwater resources are the result of past and current geoscience processes.
This product includes:
- Mining Map - 2 versions - one is already made or have your students make their own nature areas.
- Student Analysis sheet for data and questions
- Teacher Instructions
- Answer Key
Want to stay up to date on New Products? Follow Me @ Sarah's STEM Stuff