Cookie Monsters is my Speech students’ favorite card game, and it allows for a much needed break from UNO. To make articulation practice easier, I “speechified” this game by adding practice words on each card.
This version is customized for practice of the /k/ & /g/ sounds, in initial, medial, and final position.
- 42 ingredient cards (butter, milk, flour, eggs, chocolate chips, and sugar)
- 30 cookie monster cards
How do you play Cookie Monsters? It is a simple game and takes only two minutes to learn:
Objective of the Game: Be the first player to bake chocolate chip cookies by collecting one of each of the 6 ingredients.
1. Shuffle the cards well and place them upside down in a pile on the table.
2. The first player picks up a card.
- If the card shows a monster, the player’s turn ends and it’s the next player’s turn. The monster card goes on top of the discard pile.
- If the card shows an ingredient, the player has a choice: s/he can (a) end his/her turn and keep the ingredient card until the end of the game, or s/he can (b) take another card. If the next card is an ingredient, s/he gets to keep it and may decide to take another turn. If the next card is a monster, the player’s turn ends and s/he has to give up all of the ingredients obtained during this turn (they are placed on top of the discard pile).
3. Duplicate ingredients go on top of the discard pile.
4. If you run out of cards before a winner is found, shuffle and use the discard pile.
5. The game ends as soon as a player has one of each of the six ingredients.
Make sure to print these on card stock and laminate them for added durability.
If you like this resource, please leave some feedback. If you feel that there is room for improvements, please let me know so that I can make the necessary changes and post a revised product! I want to make sure that I provide the best quality that suits your needs!
Thank you for your support!
Check out my other articulation card games:
Cookie Monsters: /l/
Cookie Monsters: /sh/ & /ch/
Cookie Monsters: /s/ & /z/
Cookie Monsters: /r/
/s/ & /z/ UNO (FREEBIE!)
/r/ & /r/ blends UNO
/l/ & /l/ blends UNO
/k/ & /g/ UNO
/sh/ & /ch/ UNO
Conversation Starters UNO