Cookie’s Week by Cindy Ward is a GREAT children's book that features a funny kitten, Cookie, who gets in trouble every day of the week! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Cookie’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Analogies- Solve analogies with pictures
6. Extend-the-Ending- A writing and drawing activity in which students decide what Cookie will do on Sunday
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!