Also included in
- The sign that you have made it, you're eating beef. Still one of the most expensive items to work with in a kitchen. Before you have your students working with beef teach them about what to look for in fat and marbling, why it is good and good ways to cook each part of the cow. BEEF POWER POINTDef$12.60$14.00Save $1.40
- This is all the bundles that I have listed located in one place. The bundles topics are: MeatPlating and SaucingBaking (flour, sugar, fat)Food SafetyKitchen EquipmentKitchen BrigadeKnife SkillsIcing SkillsChocolate UnitSandwich UnitGlobal Cuisine Flap BooksTourism SectorsEggs cooked 10 ways10 Stage$277.98$347.47Save $69.49
The science of cooking. The best cooks understand how to cook foods to get the best flavours from them. Cooking methods covers why you grill that chicken breast instead of boiling it to give it flavour. Why cooking pork shoulder that falls apart to become pulled pork takes hours but fish only needs a few minutes to become tender. This bundle covers what is dry, moist and combination cooking as well as how to determine if food is done cooking, specifically meat/poultry/fish through resistance touch.
- dry cooking methods
- moist cooking methods
- combination cooking methods
- determining doneness through touch
- Crossword and answer key ( to strengthen word identification)
- Word Search and answer key ( to strengthen word meanings)
- Word Scramble and answer key (to strengthen spelling)
- TEST Word and Definition MatchUp
- TEST Definition and Picture Matchup and answer key
- Memory Game Tiles
National Standards for Family and Consumer Science Education
Food Production and Services
8.5.2 Demonstrate professional skill for a variety of cooking methods including roasting, broiling, smoking, grilling, sautéing, panfrying, deep frying, braising, stewing, poaching, steaming and baking using professional equipment and current technologies.
ProStart Level 1 - Kitchen Essentials 2
E13 - Describe dry heat cooking methods
E14 - Describe moist heat cooking methods
E15 - Describe combination heat cooking methods
E16 - identify ways to determine if a food is done cooking
Did you know you earn TPT credits for purchases on TPT?
All you have to do is give the purchase a fair rating and TPT gives you credits to use on other purchases! It's literally free money - no strings attached.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 20% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Fork and Knife