Here is a different way to cook with kids that is kid-centered, fun, and very, very hands-on. Kids feel a sense of pride and accomplishment as they follow the recipes - often with little adult help to create something yummy. These recipes can easily be used with a whole class by setting up a cooking center and calling kids back a few at time.
With these recipes:
- Each child makes his or her own product
- Easy to follow, pictorial recipes
- Can be used at a Cooking Center during a free choice or work time
- All recipes have been tested and will work, even if measurements are less than perfect
- Can be easily integrated into curriculum
- Accommodates food allergies since an alternative can be substituted for the child with the allergy without having to change the other children's recipes.
- Also great for homeschoolers, youth groups, birthday parties, or just for fun!
- Promotes ownership, independence, following directions, cause and effect relationships, reading, math and fine motor skills.
This download includes:
- Instructions and tips on how to best use the recipes with large groups
- Ten Kid-Friendly, Single Serving Graphic Recipes:
~ Dapple Apple Cake
~ Surprise Muffin
~ Brownie Bite
~ M&M Cookie
~ Gingerbread Man
~ Dirt Cake
~ Baggie Ice Cream
~ Cheesy Biscuit
~ Yummy Breadstick
~ Happy Face Pizza
- Large Ingredient Labels
- Send-Home Ingredient Request Form
• Task Card Category
• Character Traits (multiple choice)
• Cause and Effect (Identify)
• Fact or Opinion
• Brain Breaks
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.