Middle school students learn time-efficient strategies to prepare everyday meals.
Engage your students with cooking lessons that combine time pressure and kitchen skills! Teach them the best way to hard boil eggs. Role-Play short order cooking! Perform a science culinary experiment with simple spaghetti. Adolescents love to cook for themselves. Given the right tools in the kitchen, this can be a powerful way for them to learn math, problem solving, and self-efficacy that they are capable of caring for themselves as adults.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Three recipes complete with materials, procedures and tips.
· Collaborative Activities for Peer Learning
· Cooking strategies centering on speed and productivity
· Teacher Guide that includes tips and tricks for classroom management and activity presentation.
Grade Level: 7th, 8th, 9th , 10th , and homeschool
Duration: 3 Days (3 hours)
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their own learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!