Engage your students with this super fun resource where students will create grocery lists, invent recipes, come up with menus, finish writing prompts, and more. Students will adore the beautiful pictures and the colored samples will be the perfect reference. (Zero prep for you!)
My students have always loved playing in my kitchen center. They were thrilled to put their "play" into writing practice. I’ve included templates for preschool-second grade. I’ve also included colored samples that will help you demonstrate expectations.
I have created this resource to be used in your writing centers to help students strengthen their writing skills throughout the year.
This resource is part of my FAVORITE growing INTERACTIVE WRITING CENTER on TPT, which you can view by clicking here:
Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Make sure to check out the video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
You can view a video
about this resource by clicking below:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the interactive writing center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
In this Cooking in the Kitchen resource, you will find:
• Colored samples of every activity (zero prep for you!)
• Colored Words Wall Cards
• Printer-friendly black & white Word Wall Cards
• Differentiated Menu Prompts
• Differentiated Recipe Prompts
• Differentiated Grocery List Prompts
• Extended Writing Prompts
You will be working on the following standards with this product:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.1 and CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.1
Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
With guidance and support from adults, recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
Need an end of the year activity??? How about a craftivity where students look forward to their future?
Visit my blog here to see the cute crafts my students created:
Sunglasses Craftivity at Pencils to Pigtails Blog
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails