This download includes 5 "Cooking with Kitty" recipes (chocolate chip cookies, bread, meatballs, mac & cheese, strawberry banana smoothie). Each recipe has 5 accompanying math questions.
Students will read the information presented in the recipe and answer the questions. Examples of questions include:
* How many eggs would Kitty need to make 6 dozen cookies?
* Kitty’s oven is set for 425 degrees. Is this too high or low? By how much?
* What do you need more of – salt or pepper? How do you know?
* Kitty wants to make 9 servings. How much milk will she need?
* Bananas cost 45 cents each. How much will Kitty pay for two bananas?