This product features 20 short answer comprehension questions to guide students through the movie, "Cool Runnings". Students aren't sure where to find the answer? The time of each answer has been written next to the questions for you to conveniently go back and pause or prepare students if needed.
There is also an ANSWER KEY ATTACHED!!
Also included in this product:
- A character guide with pictures and captions linking the main characters
- 2 websites that feature interesting trivia about the movie, the real Jamaicans who raced, and a video clip of the real team in the 1988 Olympics!
- 2 Graphic organizers for students to compare the Disney movie to the real life events
Cool Runnings summary: When a Jamaican sprinter is disqualified from the Olympic Games, he enlists the help of a dishonored coach to start the first Jamaican Bobsled Team. This is a Disney movie that humerously retells the events loosely based off of a true story. It is PG.
This movie is an excellent movie to show in school because it teaches:
- The importance of believeing in yourself
- That hard work can pay off
- To go after your dreams
- The imporance of working together as a team
Because of the morals and values this movie teaches, and because the questions are true, comprehension questions, you won't have to feel guilty during this movie day! Students will love this movie because of Sanka's humerous songs and sayings throughout, as well as the competitve feel of the Olmypic trials.
I plan to show this in my AVID classes which are usually comprised of students from lower economic backgrounds and who sometimes have self-doubt.
Use this movie guide for sub plans, end of year parties, after a unit on diversity/cultural differences, for Black History Month, or as a brain break after STAAR or Final Exams!
Thank you for purchasing!
If you liked this product, please rate this product and provide feedback!
You can also click on the green star next to my store name to follow my store for more products like this one!