Establish positive routines for students to accomplish shared goals. Based on Common Core Goals for Speaking and Listening, the unit consists of four sections that include a Preparation Section and four Instructional Sessions.
1. Preparation Section: Creating a Cooperative Group Center-
central location where all student materials for cooperative
Groups are located.
Group Responsibilities are assigned, Group Members are listed,
Procedures are posted.
1. Preparation: Creating a Cooperative Group Center, preparing
materials, Detailed Instructions and Complete Materials List
2. Introduction: Interactive, SCRIPTED Lesson explaining Posters,
Job Pockets, Group Lists, Name Cards, Responsibilities for
individual students and procedures for group meetings.
3. SCRIPTED Role Play of a Cooperative Group Meeting "Gone
Discussion of mistakes and solutions.
4. SCRIPTED On-going Assessment /Evaluation (self and Peer)
Promote positive habits and routines that you will use the entire school year!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License