Get your students engaged with this fun, interactive project that will have your students practice plotting and locating ordered pairs on a 1 or 4-quadrant coordinate grid. They will do this by plotting the entire alphabet along with popular punctuation symbols onto either a 1-quadrant or 4-quadrant coordinate plane. They will then plan a secret message to send to a friend and write out the entire message in coordinate code using their grids. Their friend will have to solve their message using the ordered pairs that were plotted on the coordinate grid.
The project has two versions to allow for differentiation:
- 1-quadrant version
- 4-quadrant version.
Both the paper format and the digital format include grading rubrics.
: if your school is 1:1 with technology, you can use the Google Classroom version of this product. You can assign both versions from the Google Sheets files provided as well as grade all projects with the digital project rubric in Google Sheets. It’s even formatted to total up all the points while you enter them! Save yourself some time!
: 5.G.1, 6.NS.6c
- two versions (1-quadrant and 4-quadrant)
- paper version and digital version in Google
- grading rubric for paper copy
- project grading rubric in Google Sheets – simply add in the values for each grading area and it will calculate a grade for you!
Find Distance Learning Resources HERE.
- Interactive Place Value Chart
- Paperless Math Assessments
- Paper/Pencil Math Assessments
- Exit Tickets (Paper and Paperless)
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals with Visual Models
- Multiplying Decimals with Visual Models
- Dividing Decimals with Visual Models
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Visual Models
- Multiplying Fractions with Visual Models
- Dividing Fractions with Visual Models
You can follow me for the latest news on resources and sales.
E-mail me if you have any questions
All products purchased from ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits include a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. This license is not transferable (it cannot be passed from one teacher to another). By purchasing this product, you agree that this product will be used by one teacher and will not be shared with any other colleagues without the purchase of additional licenses. The reproduction of any part of this or any other product by ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits is strictly prohibited.
All products purchased from ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits that are created and distributed through any Google platform (Drive, Sheets, Forms, Docs, etc.) include a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. This license is not transferrable (it cannot be passed from one teacher to another). The reproduction of any part of this or any other product by ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits is strictly prohibited. Link sharing is not permitted without the purchase of additional teacher licenses.