The problems and activities within this document are designed to assist students in achieving the following standards: G.GPE.4, G,GPE.5, G.GPE.6, & G.GPE.7 as well as the standards for mathematics practice and the literacy standards. They are also designed to help the teacher assess the students’ abilities when it comes to working with the ideas within the standards.
This document contains the following:
- Coordinate Proof Notes & Practice: guided examples and practice problems involving proving statements related to parallelograms, rhombi, and midsegments, as well as calculating perimeter and areas
- Coordinate Proof Homework: practice problems similar to those in the notes and practice section
- Partitioning a Line Segment Notes & Practice: guided example and practice problems, including a real world application
- Coordinate Geometry Review: real world situation that requires students to plot the vertices of the modeled quadrilateral, prove
or disprove that the quadrilateral is a parallelogram or rhombus, write equations of lines, parallel lines, and circles, determine areas and perimeters, & partition line segments to locate the position of an object
- Coordinate Geometry Assessment: modeling situation and problems similar to but not exactly the same as that from the review activity
*Of course, you can rearrange the problems in this document for use as class work, homework, quizzes, tests, etc. as you wish!
About my Products:
While the PARCC assesses many of the mathematical practice standards, I aim to create many problems and activities that require students to apply the skills outlined in the performance level descriptors. I believe that the more students are exposed to such types of work, the more likely they are to develop a conceptual understanding of the concepts & of their own learning, succeed on the PARCC, and hence the more likely they are to be prepared for success in college and/or their future careers. If you happen to have any questions or concerns regarding anything your purchase (or download for free), please do not hesitate to contact me! Have a wonderful school year! :)