Also included in
- Are you tired of searching for lessons and activities for each math unit in the Grade 6 New Ontario Math curriculum? This bundle has it all! Interactive lessons, hands-on digital and printable math centers, including 8 digital escape rooms, differentiated performance tasks AND pre and post assessmen$150.59$228.17Save $77.58
- Are you looking for ready to go lesson and activity sets for the New Ontario Math Curriculum, Spatial Sense unit (geometric properties and spatial reasoning (E1) and measurement (E2)? Then this resource is for you. This printable and digital growing bundle will provide you and your students with no$29.39$41.99Save $12.60
This digital and printable no-prep math lesson and activity bundle for coordinates (ordered pairs) and transformations (reflections (flips), translations (slides) and rotations (turns)) in all four quadrants on a Cartesian plane includes everything you need for your transformational geometry unit.
Students will learn, practice (with an escape room!) and apply their learning...all with NO planning on your part.
Meets the following New Ontario Math curriculum expectations - GRADE 6/7
Grade 6 - E1.3, E1.4
Grade 7 - E1.4
Both the digital and printable versions include:
1) Interactive Lesson: Guide your students through learning with this lesson with digital transitions for step by step learning.
- Understanding the Cartesian Plane
- How to perform reflections (flips), translations (slides) and rotations (turns)
- Examples for each transformation
2) Practice - Guided: At the end of the lesson, students are given the opportunity to practice with teacher guidance:
- Translate, rotate and reflect images
- Identify and describe transformations
3) Apply - Individual: Once students feel confident in their understanding of transformations, they will be able to practice on their own using the digital or printable versions of these independent activities
4) Digital Transformations Escape Room: Now the fun begins. After your students have learned and practiced, they are ready to fully apply their new skill.
What your math centers need, is a digital math escape room! Your students will love using this interactive Google Slides™ deck and Google Form™ to find clues within the “Principals Office” to unlock transformational geometry problems to solve.
- Teacher instructions for sending your students this resource and for inserting your own digital avatar (if you wish)
- Google Slides Digital Interactive Classroom which includes 51 slides
- Title page
- Student friendly instructions
- 8 classroom clue slides with links to the 8 “you’ve got it” slides with answers to insert into the Google Slides lock
- 8 “try again” slides, with internal links to bring students back to the clue they are working on
- 1 “congrats” slide to celebrate the escape
- 24 filler slides
- Google Form file with 18 sections
- Title page
- 8 classroom clue locks given in slides
- 8 transformations to identity
- “Congrats” section
Google Form Assessment/ Math Centers (Digital and Printable)
After teaching your students about describing transformations, give them the opportunity to apply their knowledge with these 10 transformations task cards. 2 versions included:
1. Use the digital Google Form version as a virtual math center or assessment
2. OR use the printable task card activity as a individual or collaborative math center, depending on where you are in your unit.
Great for both in-class and for distance learning!
* Please note that the task cards, for both versions, are the same. This allows you to choose whether to use them digitally or on paper.
* Also, the Google form is not self checking. This is because students may write their answers using a different order or spelling than the form is formatted in and although their answer may be correct, it would say say otherwise. Instead, an answer sheet has been provided. If you have any questions, please ask a question or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instructions for how to perform transformations on Google Slides (Digital Version)
- Answers for 2 activities
- One-point rubric for feedback
Check out the detailed preview! Please let me know if you have any questions.
This lesson and differentiated activities set is included in a GIANT Growing, time and money saving bundle (30% off PLUS so many FREE products to come). So many great sets to cover your math curriculum including:
- Algebra Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Order of Operations Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Prime and Composite Numbers and Escape Room Bundle
- Ordering and Comparing Integers and Escape Room Bundle
- Patterning with Function Rules and Escape Room Bundle
- Whole numbers with Place Value and Escape Room Bundle
- Transformations on a Cartesian Plane Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Converting Fractions Decimals and Percent's Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Comparing Fractions Lesson and Activity Set
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions by Fractions by Unlike Denominators and Multiplying & Dividing Fractions by Whole #’s Lesson and Activity Set
- Graphing Lessons, Activities and Project, including Misleading Graphs
- Social Emotional Learning in Math
Other Transformation Product Versions
If you are looking for transformations lesson and activities that include Dilations, please check this out:
Are you looking for transformations lessons and activities in the First Quadrant of the Cartesian Plane only? Check out these bundles!
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher