Also included in
- Are you looking for a wide range of games on Irregular verbs ? Then, this set is perfect for you and your students. It will help them memorize these verbs easily ! There's nothing like learning while playing ! This set is aimed at French-speaking students : in some games, students have to play with$9.00$12.00Save $3.00
Cootie catchers to review English irregular verbs : that’s a nice and fun way for something that students tend to consider as boring (don’t they ?!) You’ll see, they will love this game and ask for more !
We used to play this game when we were kids: a square sheet of paper that you fold in a specific way. Then with a friend or a classmate in this case, you ask them to pick a number and you open up and down and side to side as you count. It reveals 2 colors and you ask for one: your classmate will have to give you the past tense form of the irregular verb that is written.
Here is a video I made to guide you or your students through the different steps : https://youtu.be/v4TrvRDjQCM
With this game, your students will play with 80 verbs:
be - buy - do - drink - eat - find - give - go - have - make - read - see - sleep - speak - take - wear - write - become - begin - hold - come - draw - burn - build - break - choose - fall - feel - forget - hear - cut - drive - keep - dream - know - learn - light - meet - pay - ride - ring - run - sell - shut - sing - spell - swim - teach - tell - think - understand - shine - blow - bring - catch - cost - beat - bite - bleed - fight - deal - dig - fly - forbid - freeze - get - grow - hide - let - hit - lie - lose - mean - leave - wake - send - say - put - set - sit
These verbs are on the 10 cootie catchers (8 verbs per fortune teller). As you can see, they are not in alphabetical order but more or less classified according to their frequency. This will allow you to use the first ones with younger students.
The infinitive form of the verb is written on each cootie catcher: when playing, students will have to provide the other forms, depending on your own teaching goals.
Not enough verbs ? Don’t worry, we have also included an editable powerpoint (both color and blanck and white versions) for you to create your own irregular verbs fortune tellers.
You will get 3 files in this resource.
- File 1 includes a tutorial on how to make a cootie catcher + 2 pages featuring all the verbs included + 10 cootie catchers (color version)
- File 2 is about the black and white version of the fortune tellers
- File 3 is an editable powerpoint that will allow you to create your own games/
It’s basically for any student learning irregular verbs, from beginners to advanced. If the verbs differ from the verbs your students studied in class, feel free to create your own to match your expectations.
Here is an article (in French) we published on our blog dealing with games and activities to teach past tense :
Are you looking for the description for this resource in French ? Check it out on our own store: .
- Les verbes irréguliers en anglais (listes / Audio / QR codes / tests)
- Snakes and Ladders : Irregular Verbs
- BOOM Cards : 115 Irregular Verbs + French Translation - Distance Learning
- Have Who Has Game - 30 Irregular Verbs
- 115 Irregular Verbs Key Ring - Past tense resource
- Warm Up : Editable ESL Speaking activity / Past tense - Future Tense
❤❤❤ What teachers are saying about this resource:
✎ "Fun and educational. My students enjoyed doing this activity." Susan W.
✎ "Beautiful design, a lot of possibilities, great fun even for older EFL students. It's already one of my favourites !" Isabelle R.
✎ "My pupils finally like studying irregular verbs !" frederiquel D.
✎ "My pupils loved it!!!!" Emilie R.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is prohibited. Please read TOU.