Teaching about la Copa Mundial 2018?!?
Songs and music videos are a fantastic way to build excitement and show some of the Cultural Products, Practices, and Perspectives related to la Copa Mundial.
This unit revolves around the seven songs/videos related to the 2018 Copa Mundial.
The unit packet includes:
- Essential Questions for the unit
- A possible assessment with a rubric
- Questions to start discussing sports and their role in culture
- Questions to answer while navigating the Fifa site
- A question about an infografía about Las Mascotas of La Copa Mundial
- Questions about an infografía about the history of La Copa Mundial
- An adapted Buzzfeed article (35 Cosas que harían los mexicanos con tal de ver a México ganar el Mundial) with questions
- And most importantly ----> pre-watching and cloze activities for SEVEN of the NEW SONGS/VIDEOS #Engagement
- Four basic interpretive reading activities (read an article and answer questions in English) for four of the songs
- A link to a Google Presentation that tells the life of Lionel Messi (it is actually a Gatorade commercial that I wrote about)
These are the songs:
- Positivo - J Balvin y Michael Brun (video)
- Vamos por la estrella - Paty Cantú, Sofía Reyes, y Kap G (video)
- Colors - Maluma ft Jason Derulo (video)
- Love - Gianluca Vacchi, Sebastián Yatra (video)
- Allá se juega, acá lo vives - Carlos Vives (Pepsi) (video y video de letras y baile)
- 90 Minutos (Fútbol Mode) - Prince Royce y Chocquibtown (Fútbol Mode Por Prince
- Live it up - Will Smith, Nicky Jam, y Eri Strefi (mostly English, not much Spanish)