PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach children to calm down and manage big emotions, anger, and frustration with these coping skills task cards. They also work well with my I Can Calm Down Mini Book, which may be purchased separately.
This resource is also a part of a bundle,
1. Make a visual display using all the cards on a bulletin board or pocket chart for easy reference.
2. Children may read and discuss coping skills in pairs or groups and practice the skill with each other.
3. Educators may choose a card per day to begin a classroom discussion during morning meeting or anytime. Continue to practice the skill as a class throughout the day.
4. Use as writing prompts for individual work. Students may write when they may need to use a certain coping skill, what that may feel like, and draw a picture of themselves practicing the skill.
5. Use with small groups. Each person in the group receives one task card, and each group receives one poster. Students work together to draw pictures the coping skill on their card to make one big poster together. Each group presents the poster to the class and discusses the coping skills on the poster.
*Laminate and use again and again. Store in an envelope, bag, folder, or hole punch corners and attach to a ring.
Color PDF version
Black and white PDF version
1. Suggested Uses
2. List of Coping Skills (click preview above to see a list of all skills)
3. 40 Task Cards (4 per page)
4. 4 Blank Cards
5. TOU and Credits
WANT TO JOIN MY NEWSLETTER?
I may be contacted at email@example.com
GET TPT CREDIT
Go to your “My Purchases” page, and click the Provide Feedback button. Each time you provide feedback, TPT gives you credits that may be used towards the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is greatly valued and helps me determine future products. Thank you!
My resources are intended to be used by: Teachers, School Counselors, Social Workers, Special Education Teachers, Speech Therapists, Homeschooling Parents, and other Specialists.
I have suggested a grade level of K - 6, to include children on the spectrum, children in mainstream classes, and younger children who demonstrate an ability to complete this resource. Please preview the resource above to determine if it's appropriate for your needs, and email me with any questions if desired.