Also included in
- Help kids and young adults utilize coping strategies, or coping skills, and mindfulness to manage stress and challenging emotions including anger, anxiety, depression, restlessness, and more. Resources in this bundle include over 570 pages focused on teaching and practicing coping strategies and minPrice $150.00Original Price $203.00Save $53.00
Use these coping strategies visual posters to teach, discuss, and practice coping strategies to manage emotions! They include 9 unique posters with a total of over 80 coping skills. Coping strategies are critical skills to help kids and young adults calm down and manage their emotions on the spot.
A worksheet and simple student directions are also included to allow learners to make their own individualized coping strategies visuals! This can be a perfect activity to introduce and discuss coping strategies, or create to leave in a calm down area for a particular student.
Digital and Print Versions
Both printed and digital versions are included. The digital version for Google Slides includes the coping strategies posters. To access the digital version, just open the PDF with "digital directions" in the title. Click on the link in the blue box to open up your own copy.
How Can I Use Coping Strategies Visual Posters?
You can use these posters in multiple ways to integrate social emotional learning into the classroom. Here are some simple suggestions:
- Post these visuals around the classroom or school to provide reminders about coping strategies.
- Post in a calm down area, office, counseling social work room, or anywhere else to provide reminders about coping strategies.
- Create a coping strategies bulletin board.
- Post one poster a week or month, highlighting (and practicing) each of the coping strategies throughout that time period.
- Use the black/white version as a coloring book as you discuss each skill.
- Use the “Make Your Own” version to cut out the coping strategies and have students create their own individualized coping strategies posters.
Some Coping Strategies Highlighted Include:
- Take deep breaths
- Use positive self-talk
- Make a list of choices
- Ask for space to yourself
- Think of a pet
- Color or draw
- Look at photos
- Writing in a journal
- Talk to someone
- Take a quick walk
- Set the timer
- Read a book
- Think happy thoughts
- Ask for help
- Visualize your favorite place
- Listen to music
- Practice mindfulness
- Think of something funny
- Slowly count to ten
- Make three wishes
- Build something
- Ask for a break
- Play a sport
- Practice yoga
- And Many More!
Tips for Customers:
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Click here to follow my store for notifications about new resources and freebies.
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.