PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Not sure what to do, say, or how to help your students when a tragedy occurs? Traumas like natural disasters, acts of violence, or losing a valued member of the community impact your classroom in so many ways. This packet gives you a handful of activities, tips, and book suggestions to help you navigate tragic events with your students. This product was created for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade students. If you are looking for the complementary product for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade, please check here:
This product pairs well with these books. Depending on the tragedy you are facing, some books will be better than others. A Flicker of Hope by Julia Cook and A Terrible Thing Happened by Margaret M Holmes are beneficial for any trauma, for example, but some of these titles are specific to certain tragedies. Check these titles to find what you might need:
You may also be interested in these posters:
Need growth mindset bell ringers? Choose your grade here:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE free resource library and newsletter.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.