Also included in
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 4th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 4th grade. This bundle also includes an assessment that can be used at the end of each strand. Save 20% by purchasing this as a bundle. Save lots$52.64$66.25Save $13.61
- NGSS Fourth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 4th grade for the entire year. These resources include slideshows, informational text reading passages, science labs, science centers, response pages, and an assessment for each strand of NGSS fourth grade. Do you want an NGSS b$72.64$89.80Save $17.16
- Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
In these STEM Challenges on circuit electricity, students will create paper circuits using copper tape. Students will use STEM engineering skills while creating all types of conductive tape circuits using copper tape, coin batteries, and LED diodes to complete the challenges.
Great for science lessons on current electricity, STEM camps, and after-school STEM programs. Each STEM challenge can be done independently, though they do build in complexity.
This set includes:
- ten paper circuit challenges
- troubleshooting tips
- photos of finished projects
- article on electrical circuits
- follow-up pages
This unit goes especially well with the following standards:
NGSS 4-PS3-2. Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and
NGSS 4-PS3-4. Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another
NGSS 3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify
aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
Also aligned with Utah SEEd
Utah SEEd 4.2.3
Plan and carry out an investigation to gather evidence from observations that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electrical currents. Examples could include sound-causing objects to vibrate and electric currents being used to produce moon or light.
Utah SEEd 4.2.4
Apply scientific ideas to design a solution that converts energy from one form to another. Define the problem, identify criteria and constraints, develop a prototype for iterative testing, analyze data from testing, and propose modifications for optimizing the solution.
You will need the following inexpensive materials:
Conductive copper tape, paper, LED diodes, coin batteries, clear tape, scissors
Light Up Robot
Light Up Tree
Light Up Snowman
Laser Sword Light
Parallel Circuit With Corners
Your Own Design With Light
Four Different Kinds of Switches
Through these challenges, students will learn about:
Closed and open circuits
And terms: load, path, source
Want to see some examples of Copper Tape Paper Circuit Stem Challenges?
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See other resources for Engineering: