Also included in
- This HUGE Bundle addresses the Utah SEEd strand 6.4 Stability and Change in Ecosystems. This HUGE Bundle addresses the NGSS MS LS Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics. Students will learn about interactions between organisms, cycling of matter and flow of energy, physical and biological components of$46.00$57.50Save $11.50
- This HUGE Bundle addresses the NGSS MS LS Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics. Students will learn about interactions between organisms, cycling of matter and flow of energy, physical and biological components of an ecosystem, and designing a solution to address an ecological problem.Bundle Includes:$46.00$57.50Save $11.50
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
This is a Very Low Prep Unit! Just print and use! Students will love this CLOSE reading unit on Coral Reefs that addresses the Reading Informational Text standards while promoting science literacy. The reading level is appropriate for 5th-7th grade.
- slide show with background information
- three-page reading passage on coral reefs
- comprehension questions
- 10 interactive notebook flaps
- Other reading passages on fish
- QR codes
- word wall words
Students will begin by viewing a slide show presentation on coral reefs. The slide show is editable for teacher convenience. The slide show will provide background information for students prior to the reading.
This reading unit has a science theme and students will learn about the delicate ecosystem of a coral reef. They will learn why coral reefs are important and they will learn how to protect coral reefs. Students will learn that many animals that live on the coral reef have interesting adaptations for surviving in this habitat. Students will also learn about coral and the interesting life cycle of coral.
Students will read a three-page article on coral reefs and will respond to three pages of comprehension questions that encourage them to look back into the text.
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Want to know more about the Coral Reef Reading Unit?
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
This resource is really no prep other than printing. Great to use when you need a quick ready to go lesson or sub plans.
The science information is rich and includes topics such as:
Reading skills include
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Reading back into the text.
This resource supports NGSS LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics and NGSS LS4 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity with background information and scientific facts.
This resource also supports the Utah SEEd 6.4 strand.
See other Science Literacy Products