Introduce your students to the timeless classic book, Corduroy by Don Freeman. They’ll love the story of the stuffed bear who searches for his lost button, only to be purchased and loved by a little girl who replaces his button. (The book is sold separately in stores or online.) This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Spatial Concepts- Describe where Corduroy is in the given picture
4. Corduroy’s Book Walk- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Following Directions- Follow directions to complete pictures on a grid
6. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!